Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bit of an update

Well hi there, strangers!

Sorry for the momentary break in activity. I have a few things in the works right now (including a show at Tea Lane in Aberdeen this Saturday the 2nd of May) and I've been preparing for that, as well as finishing up a few digital projects. Among them, a logo donation for Valley Gaming, a rebranded game shop in St Croix Falls, Wisconsin. All the best to them!

I'm not one to air my difficulties online (anymore, haha), but truly, the last few weeks have been a bit tricky for me. I'd started experiencing shoulder and neck pain to the point where I had to take 15-30 minute breaks after about 2 hours of painting; both the frequent breaks and the pain made it difficult to get into the zone. As a result, my work suffered. When I finally decided to see a doctor about it, she told me that I had been grinding my teeth in my sleep (a sign of anxiety and stress) which had become a strain all the way down to my trapezius and even my deltoids.

So as difficult as it's been, I've been trying to cool down a little on my painting, spending more time and going slower on each work, trying to build up the muscles around that area to strengthen them, and generally taking it easier. I'm DYING to get back to daily painting, I am, but it's time for me to take my own advice and be kind to myself.

I will still be painting, just less frequently for a month or two, until I can get my mental and physical state in check.

What a drag, right?

Thanks for being here. Knowing that I have such a great support base is making it much easier to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment